PrimaLuna EVO 100 Tube Phono Preamplifier
Max. Output Voltage
|RIAA-curve deviation||< 0.5dB (20Hz to 20kHz)|
|Bandwidth||0–20kHz (+0/-3 dB)|
|Phase response error||<1°|
|THD+N (A-Weighted) MM/MC||<0.40% @ 2V|
|MM Stage||MC Stage|
|Input Impedance||47kΩ||50/100/200/500/1000Ω (selectable)|
|Input Capacitance (Selectable)||47pF/100pF||n/a|
|Input Sensitivity||2.5mV (200mVrms@1kHz)||0.104mVrms (200mVrms@1kHz)|
|Maximum permissible input (@0,1%THD)||180mVrms||14mVrms|
|Channel separation (@1Khz)||>75dB||>60dB|
|S/N Ratio (A-Weighted)@ 23.8dBV||>90dB||>90dB|
|S/N Ratio (A-Weighted)@ 6.0dBV||>75dB||>75dB|
|Stock Status:||230V In stock 115V In stock|
|Power Consumption||77Watt/ 86Watts (115VAC/230VAC, 50/60Hz)|
|Net Weight||27.9 lbs / 12.7kg|
|Shipping Weight||34.7 lbs / 15.8kg|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||15.9" x 11" x 7.5" / 405mm x 280mm x 190mm|
|Shipping Dimensions (L x W x H)||18.4" x 15.2" x 12.2" / 468mm x 385mm x 315mm|
|Inputs||1 pair Stereo RCA (MM/MC)|
|Outputs||1 pair Stereo RCA|
|Fuse 100V~120V||LittelFuse 0213001.MXP|
|Fuse 220V~240V||LittelFuse 0213.500MXP|
|Tube V1, V4 (Power Supply, rectifier)||5AR4|
|Tube V2, V3 (Power Supply, stabilisation)||EL34|
|Tube V5, V6, V7, V8 (MM-Stage)||With aluminium cover 12AX7 (low Noice)|
|Tube V9, V10 (MC-Stage)||With aluminium cover 6922 (Low Noice)|
|MC Tube board||Mechanically decoupled|
We thank you for choosing our first PrimaLuna EVO Tube Phono Preamplifier at the heart of your analogue music system. The EVO Tube Phono Preamplifier is our family's newest and first member of affordable, high-quality tube phono products. The designers and builders of the PrimaLuna equipment all have a long history in high-end audio. We have shown with PrimaLuna that we can offer a range of affordable yet elegant audio instruments that can easily compete with today's most expensive brands. We assure you we will continue that way. Our quality level will set the bar at a difficult height for other products to match.
The starting point in designing this model was: to keep the controls and features as specific as possible - no special features for only a select number of users. Straightforward the possibility to connect one turntable and for that connected turntable (read: cartridge) make the possible adjustments as simple as possible. Depending on that choice, an initial choice of MM or MC system allows further adjustments regarding the load, gain, and capacity in the case of MM. High sound quality, simple ease of operation.
This PrimaLuna EVO Phono Tube Preamplifiers features:
- Hand-made construction of a heavy-gauge, fully-vented steel chassis with a five coat finish, each coat hand-rubbed and polished, holding the finest point-to-point wiring, using workmanship that is normally only available at the highest price.
- Premium parts like used in all our other models; wide bandwidth for great bass and extended highs; ceramic tube sockets; Nichicon and DuRoch capacitors; 5AR4 tube-rectifier-circuitry; gold-plated panel mounted RCA input and output jacks.
- A 100% shielding Phono chassis where needed.
- SoftStart™ circuit for extended life of sensitive components, plus a reduced chance of tube failure from thermal shock.
- All PrimaLuna power transformers include the PTP™ (Power Transformer Protection) circuit. When the power transformer overheats due to environmental circumstances, overloading or some problem in the unit, an internal thermal switch breaks the primary, allowing the unit to cool down before harm is done. After it’s cooled, contact is restored and if nothing is broken, the preamp will repower and function properly.
- LIVE side of the AC input connector indicated by aluminium color screw.
We hope that our PrimaLuna EVO Tube Phono Preamplifier will make you want to follow our next steps in expanding our range of products. If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to contact us. You can also share your thoughts with others, for example at the FaceBook PrimaLuna Amplifiers Owners Group or other review sites.
See all reviews...
Hij was 20 jaar in de maak, maar Herman van den Dungen en Jan de Groot leveren met de EVO100 Tube Phono Preamplifier een buizen-phonotrap af die de naam PrimaLuna met trots mag dragen, en die het andere phonotrappen in zijn prijsklasse aardig moeilijk zal kunnen maken.